Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Trip No 2- The Drive-In

Okay, okay, so technically I went on trek before I went to the movies, but I've got all the pics from my movie escapade right here in my hot little hands, something I can't exactly say for the trek pictures.

So here's the deal. My best friend leaves for Europe a week from when this post is published (Today), so I told her "We HAVE to do something before you jet off to Europe." I think that was actually my exact quote. So we did! Here's how it turned out:

The original plan called for an authentic Vietnamese dinner at an authentic Vietnamese noodle house, brought over to downtown Salt Lake City piece by piece from a village in Vietnam. This legit restraunt is known in these parts as Mi La Cai.
Delicious food at Mi La Cai

There was, however, a snag. All of the wonderful Vietnamese people who make the wonderful food at this wonderful restraunt had, in fact, run off on vacation until the twelfth of July. So Mi La Cai was not a dining option. Lame


So, In true Joe Huston fashion, I turned to my date, who happened to be riding in the same car as I was, and told her, "Quinci, we're going on an adventure." (once again, another direct quote.) So, thinking fast, as I always do, we proceeded to a little place I know of in Sugarhouse known as "The Blue Plate Diner"
Obviously the Blue Plate Diner

Dinner, though a little more of an adventure than I had anticipated, was delicious, and we continued on with our 50s style theme and went to Iceberg for milkshakes. Yum. Then proceeded to the drive in theaters (also fitting in nicely with this newfound theme) on Redwood road to see a movie known as Toy Story.

However, there was another snag. We were too early: the gates hadn't even opened. So in true adventuring manner, we cracked open my camera case and began to take pictures!







It was exciting! The movie was great, and after Quinci had apologized for hitting the poor little girl in the head with a Frisbee, the rest of the evening went slightly more smoothly, despite the fact that I couldn't get my lights to turn off, and my radio would not pick up the audio for the movie. 

All in all, it was a great hurrah for bigger and better adventures, and I hope we'll be able to do it again before the summer's through

No comments: