Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reunited At Last

So, last week I was talking with some friends of mine, and they were all talking about their workout programs, and I was sitting there thinking, "geeze, I'm way out of shape..." and was feeling pretty low. So I go home and talk to my mom about quite possibly getting me a gym membership for my birthday, and possibly getting it early. Yeah, that went over like a lead balloon. Mon mere (French for my mom, fyi) told me that I'd have to prove that I wanted one, and after further deliberation, I came to find out that meant I had to start working out at home. I'm in about the third week of "proving it" to my madre, and holy crap its amazing! I feel way more energized, happy, and everything is just kinda falling into place. Its way cool. In el scout law, young men are supposed to be physically strong, and thats about where I'm getting to. It was amazing to me how much I miss coming home tired and sweaty and being able to say I did something today. I am once again reunited with excercise, and its absolutely wonderful. Now...to join the track team...

2 comments:

Derek said...

Glad to hear it!

Andres Bosque said...

Go Running! Running Rocks!