Wednesday, September 10, 2008

STUPIDEST THING EVER!!!!

Ok, here's the deal. I found out that if you have the balls to ask a girl face to face to a dance, it doesn't count!! In this wonderful state of UTARD, apparently you have to ask a girl by leaving some kind of trinket on her front porch.  Personally I think this is wrong.  There was a time when a young man had to work up enough courage to call the cute girl in math class on his telephone in his house (yes there was such a thing), and ask her if she would like to go to a school dance.   Or there was even a less technological way to ask her, you could see her in the hall, or at lunch, walk up, sit down across from her, and say ten words: "would you like to go to  the dance with me?" But, no Joe, we have to do it the right way, the traditional way.  I'm letting you in on a little secret here, it was actually a longer tradition to ask a girl face to face than this doorbell ditching stuff which came up in the last 20 years. It takes more guts for a guy to ask a girl to her face than it does for him to go to wal-mart and find a cheap trinket and a card, set it on a girl's porch, ring the doorbell and take off running like a dog with its tail between its legs.  It probably sounds like I'm talking like I'm from Mars, but I think it shows character for a girl to be able to turn down a guy to his face than to give him a load of candy and a letter saying "no." If you feel differently, leave me a message.  I want to know what you guys, the few who read this blog, feel about this

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're right. it's true. but that's not a very good story for the girl to tell is it? What's she gonna tell her kids in twenty years? The trinkets and cards make for much better conversation.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this. It is just stupid that a person would turn you down because you didn't answer all cutsie. But it is always fun to have someone ask you in a fun way. It just makes the girls feel better. Coming from a girls point of view of course. I'm pretty sure most guys think its annoying too. Unless if they're the romantic type then you know, I'm sure they'd go for it. :)