Sunday, December 7, 2008

Friends

I decided this week that friends are way stinkin important. See, this week I got told by a girl that we were "just friends," and, as any guy would think, it hurt to hear that. I kinda got bummed out, and ended up feeling depressed about life in general. It was dumb. I decided to try and give her the cold shoulder, but she's kinda in a lot of my classes, so it was tough. Plus she's like one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Anyway, i was thumbing through my wallet on Saturday and found my copy of For The Strength Of Youth, and, ironically enough, I glanced at the section about dating. The General Authortities specifically said to avoid relationships in your teenage years, which was kinda what i was throwing a tantrum about not getting into this week. I read on, and it said that relationships deprive you of long lasting friendships...Wow. So I pondered, a good thing to do when you read something really heavy, and I came to the conclusion that this girl, though blocking me from something that I thought I really wanted, was helping me and giving me something so much more valuable: friendship. It was humbling, and it made me really proud and honored that she wanted to be just friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's all so true... I just wish it was easier... Or maybe if I remembered it more, that would make it easier.