Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Hero

Today, and every day, I am the luckiest guy on planet Earth. Every day I'm lucky I wake up, I'm lucky I get to be educated, I'm lucky I've got a well loved pair of Adidas to put on my feet to wear around school. And when I get to school, I'm lucky I have a hero there every step of the way. This guy is a giant among men, and I am extremely lucky that I get to make his aquaintance every day. He's mentally and physically fit, he's honest, funny, and he holds his priesthood with honor, and he's one of the coolest guys I'll ever meet. I think what I like most about him is that he's always raising the bar, and isn't ever satisfied with medocrity, which is a trait i struggle to attain. It's extremely important to have these heroes around. Mine keeps me on the strait and narrow every day, and I doubt he notices it, but his influence is there. Heores like this guy are so important because they are the example we strive to be. A hero like my friend is not afraid to stand up, not afraid to accept responsibility, and is not afraid to stand out and be a shining example in someone's life. I'm one lucky guy to have this hero as one of my friends, and I hope one day I can get to where he is now. Be a hero in someone's life. Go foreward in life with faith, and by doing so, leave behind no regrets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. Sometimes I wonder how you do it.